Click the buttons above to move between the different pages, Available Volunteer Opportunities, Updates, and Volunteer Information Center.
Did you know that Spring and Summer are the busiest shooting season for Oregon Field Guide?
From time to time, we need volunteers to help support outdoor shoots. We are collecting information on folks that have specialized skills and like to be outside!
Some things you should know:
- These roles are often very physical; requiring carrying weights of up to 65 pounds while walking for long periods in difficult terrain.
- We’re looking for people with skills in climbing, hiking, diving, rafting, etc.
- You should have an affinity for activities like backpacking, wilderness exploration or the like.
- Certifications and training like Wilderness First Responder, Basic First Aid and CPR, Lifeguard, etc are helpful.
- A flexible schedule is very helpful – often shoots are scheduled with a few days notice, depending on outdoor conditions. Assignments typically require an all-day commitment.
If you have skills in a particular outdoor area and would like to be added to our pool of outdoor shoot support volunteers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
1. Describe why you are interested in this opportunity.
2. Please detail the extent and nature of your outdoor expertise.
This month in the Volunteer Information CenterYou can always check your schedule and lifetime hours in the Volunteer Information Center.
For this site, you have a user name and password. Your username is the email address at which you receive email from us. Initially, the password is usually the last five digits of your phone number. You may, however, change it to something else.
If you have forgotten your password, you can use the “Forget your password?” link.Feel free to call 503-293-1939 or email email@example.com if you need help.